Monday, December 19, 2011

Roeselare Update

12/16

Poured bacterial nutrient agar with malt extract mixed in. I figured this would allow for the growth of all the organisms in the yeast mix. I took two samples from the packet and plated them onto media. I added the remaining yeast to a wort of 1.040 gravity made from malt extract so that they could be used at a latter point in time.


Plates filled with Agar

Roeselare Yeast with plates and heat lamp.
Growth!  
12/19
There is growth on the plates, although not as much as I had hoped. I plan on going into the school were I teach/attend and using their high powered microscope and take a closer look at what is growing. I will at least be able to tell the difference between the yeast and the two bacteria that should be growing on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment